Monday 22 August 2016

WE GOT A PUPPY!!

So following up from the last post, WE GOT A PUPPY!

David and I have wanted a puppy for a very long time but we couldn't have one in our old flat. But now we're allowed! Yay!

It took quite a long time for us to choose a breed that we both wanted and a bit of a compromise for David because he really wanted a big manly dog. He wouldn't settle for anything smaller than a Labrador retriever. Until we had a look at some beautiful little beagles and of course, I got my way.

The problem with big dogs is that I would need to walk it with a pram if David was at work and it just wouldn't be easy. I'd end up getting swept off my feet by a big German Shepherd and end up losing him somewhere.

After some research, we decided on a beagle. They are easily trained, very good with children and the right size for our family!

INTRODUCING REX


He is already settling in so well and we feel like he has been part of our family for ages!

Our puppy essentials were :

  1. A crate. We didn't want him destroying our house while we were out or sleeping on our beds or the furniture so we are currently crate training him.
  2. Toys. Lots and lots of toys. Teething puppies will try to chew on everything so whenever we see him going for something he shouldn't be, we replace it with a toy and it seems to work!
  3. Food and treats. Beagles are very food orientated when it comes to training them so we have a huge amount of them in his very own kitchen drawer! Spoilt puppy!
  4. Poo bags. Don't want a hefty fine when he is able to be walked.
  5. Puppy pads and newspaper. He has been really good with peeing on the paper and pads so far which has been a godsend!
  6. Bedding. Although he has his crate, we still wanted to treat him with a nice big comfy bed to sleep on if we're in the house so he doesn't have to go into his crate all the time.
  7. Collar and lead. 
  8. Food and water bowls. He doesn't really use his own ones yet so he is eating and drinking out of plastic cereal bowls right now. I think the other metal ones are too big for him.
I am really sorry this post is late again. I had written it last week and scheduled it to post yesterday but it didn't work and I hadn't noticed until today!

Have you got any other essentials for a puppy that I might have missed but really need? Let me know in the comments below and I'll try them out!

KEEP SMILING!

No comments:

Post a Comment