Thursday 11 August 2016

KAYLA ITSINES BBG - WHAT, WHY AND MY PROGRESS

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the positive feedback on my last post! I appreciate it so so much!

Let's talk about fitness for a bit -

When I was still pregnant with Ruth, I was looking at a lot of different programs that would help me get back to my pre-baby weight. I previously went to a transformation gym called 'Raw Anatomy' and I absolutely loved it. It was, however, pretty expensive and I couldn't justify going back and paying all that money when I could be using it to spoil my daughter when she arrived. The results below are what I would love to achieve again.



I have been following Kayla Itsines on Instagram for a long time and I get so overwhelmed when she posts the transformation photos of people who have been consistently doing her guides. I thought to myself 'holy shit, I could do that'. So I bought the plan when I was 38 weeks pregnant and couldn't wait to get started.



I bought BBG 1.0 and 2.0 and it cost me over £60. Steep right? Most people nowadays use her app which costs around £15 a month and also has a nutrition guide. I don't follow the nutrition guide because I find that there are too many foods in these kinds of things that I've never even heard of before, so I wouldn't know what the hell to do with them.

The workout guides focus on 3 days of resistance training, 3 days of LISS and a rest/rehabilitation day. This is for the first 4 weeks of pre-training, and 8 weeks of the program.
Resistance training - No this doesn't mean resistance to exercise. It consists of using dumbbells, body weight, rubber tubing, bottles of water and anything that will make your muscles contract. This type of exercising increases strength, tone, muscle mass and/or endurance. It causes your muscles to rip or tear slightly and then rebuild themselves stronger and bigger! These exercises take 28 minutes out of your day. Not too much time to give up is it?
LISS - Stands for Low Intensity Steady State exercise. This basically means you do a leisurely activity such as walking, swimming or cycling for 35-45 minutes keeping your heart rate constant at around 114-117 bpm.
Rest and Rehabilitation is just basically stretching and foam rolling and letting your muscles repair themselves.

When it got to 4 weeks after giving birth to Ruth, I got the all clear from my Doctor to start exercising (I had no stitches, tears or grazing...LUCKY ME). I got stuck right into the workouts and I must admit, a 4 week old plus exercising is not easy. The first couple of weeks were pretty draining while I got the hang of getting into the routine after over 9 months off. But as I started seeing tiny little results here and there, it really did motivate me more to keep going to see what I could achieve. So far since having Ruth, I have lost 35lbs. Just from exercising and eating healthily! Below is my starting picture on the left at 4 weeks post baby and my progress picture at 12 weeks post baby.


I would HIGHLY recommend buying these guides. The self confidence you get is amazing. Once you pay the £60-odd, you really don't need to splurge on anything else, unless you want proper equipment. But to be honest, a couple bottles of water (as weights), a dining room chair(as a bench), some stairs (as a step box) and a bit of motivation is all you need. Trust me, if I can do it, so can you!

Plus you never know, I might continue to progress and get featured on Kayla's instagram next to all the other amazing ladies who have achieved fantastic results from the BBG guides.

Do you have any guides you follow and are loving? Do you also follow Kayla's BBG? I'd love to know in the comments below! Thanks for reading!

KEEP SMILING!

2 comments:

  1. I have an old in shape photo of me too that I want to get back to. Both motivating and frustrating seeing as I look so different now.
    What a difference in your progress photos so far. Have you taken measurements too? Another great way to chart your progress.
    I don't have the motivation to work out at home any more, I used to. Now I go to the gym. It's only 19 a month so I don't mind really. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something I haven't done is take measurements and I really wish I had! I think that definitely tells you if you're heading in the right track a lot better than the scales do! I sometimes go to the gym, I went for the first time this morning in about 5 weeks. I enjoy different atmospheres because staring at the same equipment at home gets a little boring!

      Delete