Sunday 4 September 2016

APOLOGIES AND SFN EXPO

Hey lovelies! I am so so sorry I haven't been able to post in a little while. I've been super ill and haven't been doing much apart from sleeping and feeling sorry for myself! I'm so bad when I'm ill I can't do anything for myself and it's like the world is ending hahaha! But I'm on the mend and now it's just about trying to get my strength back and not feel like I'm going to pass out every two seconds!

Last Sunday (Aug 28th), David and I went to the SFN expo at the SECC arena in Glasgow. I heard about it from a BBG group I'm in on Facebook (amazing support group) and I hadn't heard of it before. Me being me, I used my best friend, Google, to help me get more information on what it was. It's a huge sport, fitness and nutrition expedition which holds loads of competitions, seminars and fitness classes all in one weekend. They have lots of stalls where you can buy some great supplements and healthy foods.

Since we're both really into fitness we just HAD to go! As the days crept up we were super excited! But then the day came and David woke up with the Irish flu (Hangover hahaha) and we had a bodybalance class to do at 10.30am. We managed to get there in time and the class was amazing! Who knew yoga and Pilates would get you so sweaty! Big thanks to Bram and Tori for taking the class and making sure us beginners had a great time!

After the class we went and done a bit of exploring of the hall where everything was set out. They had crossfit competitions on and most people were in teams of two completing a set number of reps on each exercise the fastest. It was truly phenomenal watching all of these incredible crossfitters competing against each other and they all done such an amazing job! The time and effort they put into their training was definitely shown. We walked around all of the different stalls and tried all the free samples! Who doesn't love a good freebie! We listened in to a few seminars and ate a very lovely meal from prep fitness kitchen who were there, although I wasn't too impressed by the fact we had to wait 30 minutes for it to be heated in a microwave. We ended up leaving early because we were so exhausted from walking around all day. David came away with a batman T shirt, I got a lorna Jane fitness planner and we both got a slamball. We spent way too much money but it was totally worth it. We had an amazing time!

Were you at the expo? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!

KEEP SMILING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment